SANTA ROSA (KRON) - The California Highway Patrol responded to an early morning DUI crash near Windsor that caused major injuries to one of the drivers.
Around 12:55 a.m. on Sunday, officers were alerted of a possible 'wrong-way driver' on US-101 near Arata Lane.
Officials were informed that a Ford Focus was driving Northbound in the Southbound lanes.
Multiple officers responded to the area where an accident involving three cars happened shortly after.
The Ford Focus, in addition to a VW Beetle and GMC Sierra, were involved.
The CHP says the driver of the VW Beetle, identified as a woman from Forestville, was transported to Memorial Hospital with major injuries.
Minor injuries were sustained by the driver and two passengers in the GMC and were taken to Sutter Hospital to be treated.
Police have not yet released their identities.
The driver of the Ford Focus has been identified as 37-year-old, Omar Cisnero-Ramierz of Healdsburg.
Cisnero-Ramirez was taken to Memorial Hospital with minor injuries.
Officials later arrested him for suspicion of DUI causing injuries.
CHP officers continue to investigate the accident.
- ROOKIE OFFICER JUST TWO WEEKS INTO JOB SHOT, KILLED IN DAVIS
- KIDNAPPED TEEN JAYME CLOSS SAYS ABDUCTOR KILLED HER PARENTS
- GOFUNDME TO REFUND $20M IN DONATIONS MADE TO 'TRUMP WALL'
- 2 FEMALE ROOKIE OFFICERS SHOT, KILLED IN 2 DAYS
- TEEN DOES 'BIRD BOX CHALLENGE' WHILE DRIVING, ENDS POORLY