SUNNYVALE, Calif. (KRON) — An investigation at a Costco in Sunnyvale is underway after a number of employees tested positive for coronavirus, health officials confirmed Wednesday.
The Santa Clara County Public Health Department says Costco is working with the health department.
When asked if there were nine cases, the public health officer said “you are not wrong”, but did not confirm the actual number of cases with KRON4.
The Santa Clara County Department of Public Health provided a link on what stores should do when they encounter an outbreak.
The 7-step program includes providing instructions to the infected employee(s), identify all closes contacts, communicate with all employees, report case(s) to the health department, report any hospitalizations or deaths to the local CAL/OSHA District Office, disinfection recommendations after a confirmed COVID-19 case at the workplace and preventing workplace COVID-19 transmission.
A full description of the steps can be found on the county’s website.
Latest News Headlines:
- 80 homes destroyed between Napa, Sonoma counties
- Suspect arrested in Berkeley homicide
- 87 pounds of marijuana found on flight from San Francisco
- Man charged with rape after 13-year-old girl taken from Nashville Walmart
- With new California border crossing in the works, connecting highway also takes shape