SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – It’s going to be a hot finish to the work week as the Bay Area warms up just in time for the end of summer.
After such a nice run of fall weather these past few days, the summer heat is coming in full throttle with temperatures hot across the Bay.
Those along the coast will see temperatures in the 70’s along the coast, 80’s across the Bay, and 90’s for inland valleys.
A Heat Advisory is in effect from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday for interior valleys, the San Francisco Bay Shoreline, San Francisco, northern Monterey Bay, Santa Cruz Mountains, and interior Monterey and San Benito Counties, the National Weather Service said.
Friday is looking to be even hotter for most areas, with highs rising well into the upper 90’s inland, and even some 90’s right along the Bay, with a few triple digits mixed in away from the water.
After the next three days though, the Bay will begin to see a cooling trend into the end of the weekend, with highs making a return to fall-like conditions we’d been enjoying in the start of the week.
Make sure to check out the latest weather updates in the KRON4 Weather Center.
Latest News Headlines:
- Pittsburgh Pirates pitcher arrested after alleged relationship with 13-year-old girl
- Texas School for the Deaf wins new football equipment, message from Peyton Manning
- Restaurant staff denies alcohol to man suffering from ALS
- San Francisco man arrested for possessing child porn, fondling minor
- Thieves steal $80,000 in wigs from South Florida warehouse