SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – It’s going to be a hot finish to the work week as the Bay Area warms up just in time for the end of summer.
After such a nice run of fall weather these past few days, the summer heat is coming in full throttle with temperatures hot across the Bay.
Those along the coast will see temperatures in the 70’s along the coast, 80’s across the Bay, and 90’s for inland valleys.
A Heat Advisory is in effect from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday for interior valleys, the San Francisco Bay Shoreline, San Francisco, northern Monterey Bay, Santa Cruz Mountains, and interior Monterey and San Benito Counties, the National Weather Service said.
Friday is looking to be even hotter for most areas, with highs rising well into the upper 90’s inland, and even some 90’s right along the Bay, with a few triple digits mixed in away from the water.
After the next three days though, the Bay will begin to see a cooling trend into the end of the weekend, with highs making a return to fall-like conditions we’d been enjoying in the start of the week.
Make sure to check out the latest weather updates in the KRON4 Weather Center.
Latest News Headlines:
- Woman who coughed on San Francisco Uber driver in viral video pleads not guilty
- Lawmakers unveil financial priorities to rebuild CA’s post-pandemic economy
- Sideshow enforcement returns: Oakland police prepare to tackle illegal activity
- ‘I am not a criminal’: Windsor mayor speaks out after 6 women accuse him of sexual assault
- Antioch mayor signs proclamation condemning recent wave of anti-Asian hate