SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Have your umbrellas and rain boots ready and be prepared for a messy commute Thursday.
A big storm is headed toward the Bay Area.
While Wednesday will remain cool and dry, skies will become increasingly cloudy in preparation for all the rain.
Rainfall arrives past midnight, with the heaviest of rainfall expected during the morning commute Thursday.
Heavy rain will continue to fall across the Bay Area well past mid-day, but your evening commute is looking to be a bit more tolerable with calmer conditions.
Scattered showers are possible both Friday and Saturday, before drying conditions make their way back to the Bay just in time for the 49ers game on Sunday.
Remember you can track the latest in the KRON4 Weather Center.
- Victims killed while battling Australia wildfires were US residents
- Pleasant Hill high school wrestler speaks out after injury
- Ring video captures woman’s violent armed robbery in Oakland
- San Francisco’s Mercy High School to close at end of semester after 68 years
- Wild video shows Kyle Shanahan correctly predict penalty before it happens