ALAMEDA, Calif. (KRON) – Starting this fall, high school students in Alameda will get to sleep in an extra hour longer in the morning because classes will soon start at 8:30 a.m.
Most classes at Alameda High and Encinal Junior and Senior High School now begin an hour earlier.
In October, Governor Gavin Newsom signed a bill calling for elementary and middle schools to start no earlier than 8 a.m. and high schools no earlier than 8:30 a.m.
- Las Vegas casinos, resorts reopen following months-long coronavirus closures
- George Floyd Protests: Thousands in San Francisco march in solidarity
- Protests more subdued after new charges in Floyd case
- White House fears resurgence of pandemic after protests
- 3 charged in slaying of Ahmaud Arbery face court hearing