PITTSBURG (KRON) — Muir Station Deputy Sheriffs responded to a report of a body found Thursday evening in a remote part of John Henry Johnson Park, south of Pittsburg, according to authorities.
The body was reportedly found by a hiker.
Officials say the remains appeared to have been at the park for “some time”.
The Coroner’s Division took custody of the body and is trying to identify the man.
An autopsy is set to be scheduled to find the cause of death.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Investigation Division at (925) 313-2600.
Check back for updates as this is an ongoing investigation.
- W. Kamau Bell discusses current state of US following death of George Floyd
- George Floyd protest held in downtown San Rafael
- The Latest: Protesters start fires near White House
- Looters hit stores at Walnut Creek’s Broadway Plaza
- Video shows handful of officers take a knee at San Jose protest