SAN JOSE (KRON) – Authorities are investigating after a fire erupted at a carport at an apartment complex in San Jose late Wednesday.
It happened around 10:17 p.m. at the Alterra apartments on La Rossa Circle in San Jose.
Police received multiple reports – some conflicting – of what exactly was going on at first, but it turns out there was a homemade bomb in the carport that caused the fire.
Residents in the complex tried to put out the fire themselves with fire extinguishers, but this set off more explosions so they called 911.
Video shows two people being detained but those two were arrested for unrelated outstanding warrants.
Residents were evacuated from the apartment complex but have since returned.
Arson investigators tell KRON4 the fire was caused by two unknown suspicious canisters.
No other information has been released.
Latest News Stories:
- Instacart makes changes ahead of planned worker strike
- INTERACTIVE MAP: How many coronavirus tests have been conducted in my state?
- Alan Merrill, co-writer of ‘I love Rock ‘n’ Roll,’ dies from coronavirus complications
- San Francisco’s Muni changes now in effect
- Tokyo Olympics will open in July 2021