WEST MARIN (KRON) – Highway 1 between Mill Valley to Stinson Beach remains closed Friday morning as the Muir Fire continues to burn.
At last check, the fire has burned about 58 acres and is 50% contained.
There are no reported injuries and no structures have burned.
The fire was reported around 10:45 a.m. just north of Slide Ranch north of Muir Beach and south of Stinson Beach.
Fire crews remained at the fire scene overnight to make sure the fire did not grow.
The National Weather Service is predicting stronger winds and dryer conditions over the weekend, which may hinder containment efforts.
CHP Marin said Friday morning that while crews have made “significant progress,” they are still working and Hwy 1 will remain closed throughout the day “until they determine it is safe to reopen.”
Check back for updates.
Latest News Headlines:
- Live Blog: Reports of looting in Vallejo lead to officer-involved shooting
- Violence continues as Trump threatens military force against protesters nationwide
- Santa Rosa restaurant hit with rocks over weekend
- Over 70 cars stolen from San Leandro dealership as looting, destruction hit city
- Police respond to Bay Area shopping malls following reports of looting