REDDING (KRON) – Cal Trans says both directions of I-5 are closed between Yreka and Redding.
This is due to “an extremely large number of vehicles spun out along the interstate,” according to Cal Trans officials.
Authorities said it will take time to have those vehicles removed to get traffic flowing.
Additionally, roads must be plowed.
There is no estimated time of reopening.
Latest News Headlines:
- Denver police pointed gun at 3 black children, handcuffed unarmed father, attorney says
- Alabama city removes Confederate statue without notice
- Twitter disables Trump campaign’s George Floyd video tribute
- Look up tonight to catch a glimpse of the Strawberry Moon
- Buffalo police officers suspended after shoving 75-year-old protester