SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — Although the coronavirus pandemic turned San Francisco Pride virtual on its 50th anniversary, the celebrations continue.
The iconic Pink Triangle on Twin Peaks lit Saturday night. This year, the bright symbol will illuminate every night for three weeks.
Video posted by Senator Scott Wiener shows the countdown of the special moment the pink lights shined.
SF Pride went virtual for a two-day celebration on SFPride.org fora total of 26 hours of programming.
Latest News Headlines:
- Another San Quentin inmate dies from complications of COVID-19
- Joey Chestnut and Miki Sudo crush the hot dog contest — again
- Alcohol, drugs appear to be factor in fatal Woodside crash Friday night, authorities say
- Outdoor dining in Morgan Hill shut down by ABC without notice
- SF Giants announce strict health guidelines to be implemented at Oracle Park