SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) - Who. Did. This?!
A prankster managed to alter the iconic sign welcoming people to South San Francisco early Friday to read "The Industrial Tity," instead of "The Industrial City."
Eric Deaver shared the 17-second video showing the altered lettering on Sign Hill Park.
The sign was originally painted on the hill by the Chamber of Commerce back in 1923 and signified a boom in the city's incorporation in thanks to several steel companies.
Each letter is reportedly about 60 feet high.
- RUSSIAN RIVER FLOODS 2K HOMES, BUSINESSES IN SONOMA COUNTY
- BAY AREA RESIDENTS DITCHING HIGH COST OF LIVING, MOVING AWAY
- PARENT WARNING: 'MOMO CHALLENGE' TARGETING KIDS ONLINE
- 2 ARRESTED IN BUFFET BRAWL OVER CRAB LEGS
- MAN ARRESTED FOR RAPING GIRL IN HALF MOON BAY
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Police: Corona Costco shooting took place after man hit officer
- Memorial unveiled in Los Gatos honoring veterans, fallen heroes
- Firefighters busy as fire season gets early start
- Massive fire in Boston injures 7 firefighters, 2 residents