SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Amid the chaos that comes with power outages and red flag warnings, traffic accidents are the last thing anyone wants.
Officials are reminding drivers of some safety tips that could be of use during the anticipated power outages throughout the Bay Area.
Though these are commonly known tips, a fresh reminder can save an unnecessary collision from occurring.
If a traffic light is flashing red or not working, treat it as a stop sign.
Think of intersections as a four-way stop.
Drivers in every direction should come to a complete stop and proceed in the order that you arrive.
When cars arrive at the same time, the car to the right can proceed first.
- KRON4 Morning Buzz: Boxer Patrick Day dies 4 days after fight
- Game show contestant gives hilarious intro about ‘loveless marriage’
- Juul halts sales of fruit, dessert flavors for e-cigarettes
- White House says next G-7 to be held at a Trump golf resort
- Trump rule may mean 1 million kids lose automatic free lunch