SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Amid the chaos that comes with power outages and red flag warnings, traffic accidents are the last thing anyone wants.
Officials are reminding drivers of some safety tips that could be of use during the anticipated power outages throughout the Bay Area.
Though these are commonly known tips, a fresh reminder can save an unnecessary collision from occurring.
If a traffic light is flashing red or not working, treat it as a stop sign.
Think of intersections as a four-way stop.
Drivers in every direction should come to a complete stop and proceed in the order that you arrive.
When cars arrive at the same time, the car to the right can proceed first.
- Evacuations underway after fire grows to 70 acres in Solano County
- Police responding to ‘multiple critical incidents’ in Santa Cruz County
- Trump mistakenly says Tijuana is ‘most infected city in the world’
- Black Lives Matter mural painted on street leading to California State Capitol building
- Man, 22, charged with murder after police chase leaves mother of six dead