SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) - A Beach Hazards Statement was released on Saturday warning those in the coastal regions of Sonoma County through Monterey County of an increased risk of sneaker waves.
The National Weather Service says this warning includes Ocean Beach, Montara State Beach and Marina State Beach.
Sneaker waves are dangerous because they are unexpected large waves that could come up farther onto the beach unexpectedly.
This warning will remain in effect through Monday at 3 a.m.
The NWS says to 'stay off coastal jetties, keep your eyes on kids and pets, and never turn your back on the ocean.'
- ROOKIE OFFICER JUST TWO WEEKS INTO JOB SHOT, KILLED IN DAVIS
- KIDNAPPED TEEN JAYME CLOSS SAYS ABDUCTOR KILLED HER PARENTS
- GOFUNDME TO REFUND $20M IN DONATIONS MADE TO 'TRUMP WALL'
- 2 FEMALE ROOKIE OFFICERS SHOT, KILLED IN 2 DAYS
- TEEN DOES 'BIRD BOX CHALLENGE' WHILE DRIVING, ENDS POORLY