SONOMA COUNTY (KRON) – The wind-driven Kincade Fire burning near the Sonoma and Lake County lines has forced evacuations in several areas.
Right now more than 300 people have been evacuated, with an estimated 1,700 people in the evacuation warning areas.
Mandatory evacuations have been ordered for the following areas:
- Entire town of Geyserville
- Cloverdale Geysers Rd
- Geysers Rd
- Red Winery Rd
- Alexander Mountain Rd
- Pine Flat Rd
- All roads east of Hwy 128 to Geyserville
An evacuation warning remains in effect for the area north of Healdsburg – that means be prepared to evacuate.
The following evacuation centers have been set up to assist those affected by the fire:
- Healdsburg Community Center – 1557 Healdsburg Ave, Healdsburg CA 95448 (people and small animals with parking for livestock trailers)
- Sonoma County Fairgrounds – 1350 Bennett Valley Road, Santa Rosa (large animals only)
- Santa Rosa Veterans Memorial Building – 1351 Maple Avenue, Santa Rosa (people and small animals)
- Windsor High School – 8695 Windsor Road, Windsor (people and small animals)
Follow the latest developments on the Kincade Fire here
Latest News Headlines:
- CBP officer quits after admitting to choking motorist at California port of entry
- Trump tries new approach for $1 trillion infrastructure plan
- Source: Lakers waive DeMarcus Cousins
- Dr. Phil gets star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Flying Tails: Abused Kuwait cats rescued, brought to Bay Area