GILROY (KRON) – Police have released the photo of the 35-year-old mother who admitted to drowning her 2-year-old daughter in Gilroy on Sunday.
According to authorities, Marcie Montelongo called the police department around 11:30 a.m. saying that she drowned her daughter in the bathtub at her home located on the 7900 block of Westwood Drive.
The 2-year-old was taken to the hospital where she was pronounced dead.
Montelongo was booked into the Santa Clara County Jail for murder.
Officials continue to investigate, but ask you to call them at (408) 846-0335 if you have any information.
- Investigation underway after Bay Area hospital gives teachers COVID vaccine
- California stay-at-home order lifted
- Hawaii man survives lightning strike, then beats COVID-19
- Here’s how San Jose’s Independent Police Auditor role is expanding
- Hawaii lab detects COVID-19 variant linked to California outbreaks