San Francisco has a new fire chief.
Jeanine Nicholson was sworn in yesterday in a ceremony hosted by San Francisco Mayor London Breed.
Chief Nicholson is San Francisco’s second female chief in history.
A 25-year veteran of the fire department, she is the first openly LGBT person to hold the department’s top position.
Her first assignment? Come to KRON4 for her first in-studio interview.
You can watch her full interview in the video above.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- OAKLAND GHOST SHIP TRIAL: WITNESS TESTIMONY BEGINS
- CONTAMINATED TAP WATER CENTER OF DEBATE BETWEEN CA LAWMAKERS
- ‘PEEPING TOM’ ARRESTED FOR SEXUALLY ASSAULTING WOMAN IN MILLBRAE
- MARVEL-THEMED LAND COMING TO DISNEY’S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
- 41 KILLED IN RUSSIAN PLANE CRASH LANDING