The man known as “Jogger Joe” will be in court today. This comes he was captured on video trashing a homeless man’s belongings near Lake Merritt.
KRON4’s Lydia Pantazes is at the courthouse this morning.
She says Henry Sintay became known as “Jogger Joe” after the June 8th incident went viral.
Bystanders in the video can be heard pleading for the man to stop, but he insists that he’s picking up trash.
This morning, he’ll be in court at 9:00 a.m. for a separate incident.
Investigators say Sintay stole a phone from a man who confronted and filmed him a day later.
The victim suffered a mild concussion and some cuts and bruises.
Sintay is being held at Santa Rita Jail in Dublin on $100,000 bail.
- TENANT KIDNAPS 70-YEAR-OLD LANDLORD AFTER DISPUTE IN OAKLAND
- WOMAN KILLED IN CRASH AFTER TREE FALLS ON DANVILLE FREEWAY
- MEXICAN DRUG CARTEL LEADER ‘LA BARBIE’ GETS NEARLY 50 YEARS
- TEENAGER WARNS OTHERS AFTER BABY BROTHER DIES IN HOT CAR
- MAN SUES CVS FOR TELLING HIS WIFE ABOUT VIAGRA PRESCRIPTION