WALNUT CREEK, Calif. – Another Kaiser health care location has been cited for violating COVID-19 protocols.
On January 22nd, Cal-OSHA confirmed Walnut Creek Kaiser was cited four times.
- Kaiser failed to enforce work practices to minimize employee exposure to the virus. The hospital did not implement effective COVID-19 screening procedures for people entering the facility.
- Kaiser did not provide respiratory protection. They also failed to replace and maintain air systems and hospital equipment.
- Kaiser failed to investigate exposure incidents in the Emergency Department and Operating Room to notify employees who had significant exposures to COVID-19 cases and suspected cases.
- Kaiser failed to provide training to employees on preventing COVID-19 as an airborne infectious disease.
The citations issued were labeled as ‘serious’ and totaled $45,000.
There are now 12 Kaiser locations in California that have been fined.
- Kaiser San Leandro $87,500
- Kaiser San Jose $87,375
- Kaiser Oakland $78,300
- Kaiser Antioch $56,000
- Kaiser Santa Rosa $55,350
- Kaiser Walnut Creek $45,000
- Kaiser Redwood City $39,685
- Kaiser Ontario $18,075
- Kaiser San Francisco $16,400
- Kaiser Santa Clara $11,200
- Kaiser Lancaster $5,000
- Kaiser Zion in San Diego $1,535
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.