SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Filming for the reported next installment of “The Matrix” is underway in San Francisco!
It’s all lights, camera, and action for Keanu Reeves and the rest of the “Matrix 4” cast near Columbus Avenue and Kearny Street, where a full-on film crew was spotted.
The crew was seen near the popular “House of Nanking” restaurant.
People in the area say they’re thrilled to see Keanu as movie production continues Wednesday.
The San Francisco Film Commission says the production is officially called ‘Project Ice Cream,’ likely a working title connected to Reeves being spotted last month in Alameda putting some work in on an ice cream cone.
Wednesday is Day 1 for the production in San Francisco.
KRON4 cameras caught Reeves walking, talking, smoking a cigarette and thrilling adoring fans.
“It made my day to see Keanu Reeves filming in San Francisco,” said fan Lucy Zhang.
Fan Sylvia Rodenzo was equally thrilled.
“I have been a big fan of Keanu Reeves since I was a child,” she said.
Project Ice Cream is slated to wrap up filming during the last weekend in February.
Keanu and co-star Carrie-Ann Moss are both reprising their iconic roles for the “Matrix 4”, which is scheduled for release on May 21, 2021.
- When can you get a COVID booster shot? These are the rules for each vaccine
- Wine shortage could result from supply chain issue, winery exec says
- Search for men who beat up hit and run victim in San Jose
- Australian singer loses $30K worth of camera gear in San Francisco smash and grab
- Berkeley school district pauses bus service amid staff COVID-19 exposure