SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Filming for the reported next installment of “The Matrix” is underway in San Francisco!
It’s all lights, camera, and action for Keanu Reeves and the rest of the “Matrix 4” cast near Columbus Avenue and Kearny Street, where a full-on film crew was spotted.
The crew was seen near the popular “House of Nanking” restaurant.
People in the area say they’re thrilled to see Keanu as movie production continues Wednesday.
The San Francisco Film Commission says the production is officially called ‘Project Ice Cream,’ likely a working title connected to Reeves being spotted last month in Alameda putting some work in on an ice cream cone.
Wednesday is Day 1 for the production in San Francisco.
KRON4 cameras caught Reeves walking, talking, smoking a cigarette and thrilling adoring fans.
“It made my day to see Keanu Reeves filming in San Francisco,” said fan Lucy Zhang.
Fan Sylvia Rodenzo was equally thrilled.
“I have been a big fan of Keanu Reeves since I was a child,” she said.
Project Ice Cream is slated to wrap up filming during the last weekend in February.
Keanu and co-star Carrie-Ann Moss are both reprising their iconic roles for the “Matrix 4”, which is scheduled for release on May 21, 2021.
- Man found with gun, multiple magazines after shooting at Nashville hospital
- Vitamin B12 deficiency is a common health problem that can have serious consequences – but doctors often overlook it
- US-bound Fiat 500e spawns feisty Abarth version with 153 hp
- Woman sues Kraft Heinz for $5M, says mac and cheese preparation isn’t as advertised
- City council passes ordinance to protect part-time workers