WALNUT CREEK (KRON) – Thousands of people are hitting the roads Friday for the long Labor Day weekend.
But good news – gas prices are expected to be the cheapest in three years, according to AAA.
If you’re hitting the road for one last summer trip for the holiday weekend – it’s some good news for your pockets.
AAA reports national gas prices are on track to be the lowest Labor Day weekend prices in the last three years.
A spokesperson for AAA says Thursday’s average of $2.59 is nearly a quarter cheaper than last year’s prices.
It’s also less money that folks spent for gas at the Memorial Day holiday at the beginning of the summer.
Latest News Headlines:
- Oakland Police Commission meeting held after police chief fired
- Flying Tails: Napa County rescue organization makes animals’ lives comfortable
- Redwood City school officials prepare for coronavirus
- San Francisco Mayor London Breed moves forward with safe injection site
- Vallejo cold case murder solved nearly 50 years later