WALNUT CREEK (KRON) – Thousands of people are hitting the roads Friday for the long Labor Day weekend.
But good news – gas prices are expected to be the cheapest in three years, according to AAA.
If you’re hitting the road for one last summer trip for the holiday weekend – it’s some good news for your pockets.
AAA reports national gas prices are on track to be the lowest Labor Day weekend prices in the last three years.
A spokesperson for AAA says Thursday’s average of $2.59 is nearly a quarter cheaper than last year’s prices.
It’s also less money that folks spent for gas at the Memorial Day holiday at the beginning of the summer.
Latest News Headlines:
- PG&E agrees to $13.5B settlement with Northern California fire victims
- 15-year-old boy injured in Brentwood shooting
- Loved ones remember father killed during home invasion
- Amber Alert issued for 2-year-old boy allegedly taken at gunpoint by dad
- Trump to delay listing Mexican cartels as terrorist groups