SONOMA COUNTY (KRON) — Officials are investigating a fatal traffic collision that left one man dead on Lakeville Highway, per CHP Santa Rosa Twitter page.
The other vehicle involved was a CAL Fire Tahoe, the man driving the car was taken to the Santa Rosa hospital with minor to moderate injuries.
The collision occurred on Lakeville Highway near Cannon Lane.
As of 8 p.m., the vehicles were towed away and Lakeville Highway has reopened after being closed for several hours while officials investigated.
Witnesses told police a Jeep was traveling north bound on Lakeville Road, while the CAL Fire Tahoe was driving south bound.
The Jeep reportedly got out of control and crossed over to the opposing lane of traffic and collided head on with the CAL Fire Tahoe, according to witnesses.
The Jeep overturned at one point and the driver was ejected.
Paramedics tried to save him, but he died at the scene.
The highway was closed between State Route 37 and State Route 116 while officials continue to investigate.
No other passengers were in either of the vehicles.
>> For a look at live traffic conditions, click here.
KRON4 crew is on the way to the scene.
No additional details are available at this time, check back for updates.
- Police: 1 dead, another injured in early morning Oakland shooting
- UC system to require flu shots for ‘all members of the UC community’
- Delta bans 100 passengers from taking flights and adding them to a “no fly” list for refusing to wear masks
- Simon Cowell injures back while testing electric bicycle
- Second stimulus checks: Trump executive orders leave $1,200 payments in limbo