Ten Bay Area schools recently ranked among “America’s Healthiest Schools” by the Alliance for a Healthier Generation.
The following schools in the Bay ranked among the national list:
- Loma Verde Elementary School in Novato — Bronze
- Lu Sutton Elementary School in Novato — Bronze
- Los Medanos Elementary School in Pittsburg — Silver
- Stoneman Elementary School in Pittsburg — Silver
- James Monroe Elementary School in San Leandro — Bronze
- Bahia Vista Elementary School in San Rafael — Bronze
- Abraham Lincoln Elementary School in Santa Rosa — Bronze
- Helen M. Lehman Elementary School in Santa Rosa — Bronze
- James Monroe Elementary School in Santa Rosa — Bronze
- Proctor Terrace Elementary School in Santa Rosa — Bronze
The Alliance ranked a total 461 schools from 26 states and the District of Columbia.
These schools earned the distinction by meeting the following criteria:
- Meet or exceed federal nutrition standards for school meals and snacks
- Offer breakfast daily
- Implement district wellness policies and update progress annually
- Provide students with at least 60 minutes of physical education per week and ensure physical activity throughout the school day
Congrats to all schools!
- APPLE SHOWS OFF NEW, BIGGER PHONES
- TACO BELL VOTED BEST MEXICAN RESTAURANT
- WENDY’S GIVING AWAY FREE HAMBURGERS IN SEPTEMBER
- HIKER KILLED BY A MOUNTAIN LION
- DEPUTIES: PROLIFIC SEX OFFENDER MAY HAVE MORE VICTIMS