LOS ANGELES (KRON) — The Los Angeles Dodgers host the San Francisco Giants Thursday to kickoff the 2020 MLB season.
The match up of the well-known rivalry, which usually fills stadiums with die-hard fans from each team, has fans cheering on their team from home this year due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Nonetheless, the show must go on and the rivalry continues.
The Giants posted their opening day roster on Twitter earlier Thursday.
Just hours before the game, the Dodgers announced pitcher Clayton Kershaw was scratched from the line up with a bad back. He is being replaced by 22-year-old right-hander Dustin May, who will become the first Dodgers rookie to start on opening day since Fernando Valenzuela in 1981.
Be sure to send us photos representing your team. Be sure to follow KRON4 on all social media platforms for updates throughout the game.
Happy Opening Day!
Latest Sports Headlines:
- Big Ten votes against playing college football this fall amid pandemic: report
- UC Berkeley alum Collin Morikawa wins 2020 PGA Championship
- UC Berkeley alum Collin Morikawa wins 2020 PGA championship
- Brawl breaks out during final game of Astros-A’s series
- NBA fines Warriors’ Draymond Green $50K for tampering