HAYWARD (KRON) – It’s “Father’s Day” at schools across the country on Friday.
Dads are encouraged to march today – to take their kiddos to school – as part of the Million Fathers March campaign.
The belief is that if fathers are actively involved in their child’s education and lives, the kids are better mentally and emotionally and tend to do better in school.
Longwood Elementary in Hayward encouraged fathers to do that a few years ago and the turnout was huge.
If you can’t do it today, don’t worry – schools have many other days set aside for parents – specifically dads – to get involved.
Latest News Headlines:
- Lawmakers divided on president’s comments on protesters
- Teen caught smuggling 7 kilos of cocaine at El Paso border crossing
- Republicans praise Trump for his promise to stop protests; Democrats at a loss for words
- #BlackoutTuesday flooding social media in response to racism, police brutality in America
- FAA says 3 believed to be aboard helicopter during fiery crash in Fairfield