OAKLAND, Calif. (KRON) – Longtime Oakland Athletic’s announcer Roy Steele has passed away.
Steele was the A’s announcer for nearly 40 years.
He died in his home on Thursday.
The organization released a statement to Twitter on Thursday.
“As the PA voice of the A’s for nearly four decades, his booming baritone filled the coliseum from the mustache gang to billy ball, the bash brothers and moneyball. Beloved by all, he touched the lives of generations of A’s fans. We send our heartfelt condolences to his family and loved ones.”
No additional details are being released at this time.
Latest News Headlines:
- Employee at Warriors Oakland facility tests positive for COVID-19
- Deputies to cite those not wearing masks in West Hollywood; 1st offense carries $300 fine
- Oakland Zoo at risk of closing for good due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Some airlines increase capacity ahead of holiday weekend despite surge in US coronavirus cases
- Burlingame native released from Minor League Baseball team after season canceled