WALNUT CREEK, Calif. (KRON) — Several stores in Walnut Creek’s Broadway Plaza have been hit by looters Sunday.
Video from KRON4 reporter Dan Thorn shows people stealing items through a broken window at the Lululemon store just before 6 p.m.
He also shared images of the Ray-Ban Store which was ransacked.
“Look. This is our store. Done. Everything gone,” a woman said outside of the Ray-Ban store.
Walnut Creek is now under a curfew order effective from 6 p.m. to 5 a.m.
The Walnut Creek BART Station is also closed.
Mayor Loella Haskew described what’s happening in Walnut Creek as a “full blown riot” and said it has nothing to do with the death of George Floyd.
“They are just here to make mayhem,” she told KRON4.
She said there are about 100 people and they breached a number of stores.
Earlier Sunday several store business owners boarded up their shops to prepare for possible looting.
- California virus deaths top 7,000 as case numbers climb too
- Walt Disney World reopens as coronavirus cases surge in Florida
- Trump says executive order will include DACA recipients
- Some coronavirus restrictions reimposed in Sonoma County after cases spike
- Anti-racism rally held after BLM mural painted over in Martinez