WALNUT CREEK, Calif. (KRON) — Several stores in Walnut Creek’s Broadway Plaza have been hit by looters Sunday.
Video from KRON4 reporter Dan Thorn shows people stealing items through a broken window at the Lululemon store just before 6 p.m.
He also shared images of the Ray-Ban Store which was ransacked.
“Look. This is our store. Done. Everything gone,” a woman said outside of the Ray-Ban store.
Walnut Creek is now under a curfew order effective from 6 p.m. to 5 a.m.
The Walnut Creek BART Station is also closed.
Mayor Loella Haskew described what’s happening in Walnut Creek as a “full blown riot” and said it has nothing to do with the death of George Floyd.
“They are just here to make mayhem,” she told KRON4.
She said there are about 100 people and they breached a number of stores.
Earlier Sunday several store business owners boarded up their shops to prepare for possible looting.
- Bay Area rental market appears to be stabilizing
- Survey: 78% of Oakland residents want more police officers
- Berkeley police arrest suspect in series of anti-Semitic hate crimes
- Police search for suspect who reportedly assaulted, spat on 13-year-old in Milpitas
- San Francisco pastor becomes 1st openly transgender bishop in U.S.