SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – The San Francisco Board of Supervisors passed a plan establishing a place for people living in their cars to stay overnight.
It will be in a parking lot near the Balboa BART station on San Jose Avenue.
There will be a long-term parking lot for up to 33 cars on San Jose Avenue.
The space will offer bathrooms, showers, a place to do laundry, and even a kitchen and eating space.
The lot will be there until construction begins on an affordable housing complex on that lot next year.
Latest News Headlines:
- Feds to investigate California bus rollover that killed 3
- Heading to Spring Training? Here are some adventures to enjoy while in Arizona
- Black Vines hosts 9th annual celebration: A Toast to Black Wineries and Diverse Art
- Adopt a senior dog in February with no fees at Muttville Senior Dog Rescue
- Boys, 13, charged with murder in Porterville library fire that killed 2 firefighters