SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – In San Francisco, there are concerns about the coronavirus outbreak as the city kicked off the start of the Lunar New Year.
The festivities for the Year of the Rat can bring a lot of tourists to San Francisco.
Some people go overseas to China for the Lunar New Year holidays and then come back to the city.
While extra precautions are being taken to prevent the spread of the virus, city leaders say the annual parade will still go on.
The celebrations will last until Feb. 8 – the day of the Chinese New Year parade.
- DA dismisses cases filed by officers who posted racist comments
- FDA approves first drug to treat COVID-19
- Pregnant woman killed in Berkeley drive-by shooting
- Beloved SF restaurant will reopen after shut down by pandemic
- Pleasanton grapples with growing homeless population