OAKLAND, Calif. (KRON) — The MacArthur BART station has reopened after it was closed due to a “major medical emergency”, BART announced Wednesday.
BART says the incident involved someone in crisis who has since been rescued from the trackway and is getting care.
The agency first reported a delay at MacArthur in the Richmond direction. It then said trains were not stopping at the station in any direction due to the emergency, which it has yet to provide additional detail on.
After being closed for nearly an hour, BART announced the MacArthur station reopened.
Delays can still be expected.
No additional details are available at this time.
- 80 homes destroyed between Napa, Sonoma counties
- Suspect arrested in Berkeley homicide
- 87 pounds of marijuana found on flight from San Francisco
- Man charged with rape after 13-year-old girl taken from Nashville Walmart
- With new California border crossing in the works, connecting highway also takes shape