SAN JOSE (KRON) - Police have arrested a man who crashed into a San Jose home after fleeing from officers during a traffic stop on Wednesday.
Around 1:45 p.m. an officer tried to stop a black Chevy pick-up truck near Alum Rock Avenue and White Road due to a vehicle code violation.
Authorities say the truck also matched the description of a vehicle involved in a hit and run, and an assault with a deadly weapon.
When the officer attempted to stop the truck, the driver backed up into the patrol car and drove off.
Moments later, officials say the pick-up crashed into a house in the 3300 block of East Hills Drive. A perimeter was then set up around the house.
Officials could not see if the driver was still inside since the windows were tinted, in addition to the damage that had been caused.
More officers and K9's arrived at the home. Once there was no response from inside the truck, they entered the garage and found the suspect.
The man was taken into custody without incident.
Officials say the man was taken to the hospital with minor injuries. When the suspect was medically cleared, he was booked into the Santa Clara County Jail for assault with a deadly weapon, hit and run, and evading a police officer.
Authorities discovered that the man hit two other cars before crashing into the house. No injuries were reported in those accidents.
The officer who was in the patrol car that the suspect hit was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
No other information was released at this time.
- FALLING CONCRETE SHUTS DOWN RICHMOND-SAN RAFAEL BRIDGE
- GAS LINE EXPLOSION SPARKS MASSIVE FIRE IN SAN FRANCISCO
- FDA: DEADLY CANCER LINKED TO BREAST IMPLANTS
- VIDEO: MAN STOPS ON BUSY HWY, SHOOTS SCHOOL BUS DRIVER IN HEAD
- MAN THREW METH-FUELED 'DEATH PARTY' FOR HIS WIFE BEFORE SHE DIED
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Baby dies after mom's boyfriend fractures his skull on Valentine's Day
- Shooter in deadly Illinois rampage was not supposed to own a gun, police say
- 4 arrested after police chase in San Francisco
- Over 220-pounds of cocaine seized in Ventura County