SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — Police in San Francisco arrested a man Thursday in connection with the homicide of man whose body was discovered on Treasure Island.
On January 9, the parents of Amir Alkhraisat went to the Mission Police Station to report their son had been missing since January 8, police said.
Police say they determined that his disappearance was suspicious and began investigating.
Alkhraisat’s body was later discovered on January 17 in the 400 block of Avenue M on Treasure Island, according to police.
21-year-old Danilo Barraza, of San Francisco, was arrested and booked into jail on one count of homicide.
Further details on the investigation were not released by police.
While an arrest has been made, the investigation is still ongoing.
Anyone with information is asking to call the SFPD 24 Hour Tip Line at 1-415-575-4444 or Text a Tip to TIP411 and begin the text message with SFPD.
LATEST NEWS HEADLINES:
- Oklahoma mom warns of the dangers of open-air carbon monoxide poisoning after her son dies after a day on the lake
- Trump vows to designate KKK, Antifa as terrorist groups
- ‘I have nothing left’: Sentimental items stolen from 90-year-old man while preparing to evacuate wildfire
- Stimulus checks: GOP, Democrats agree to restart relief talks
- Hispanic Heritage: Family band takes music to Facebook Live amid pandemic