SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Police are asking the public to avoid the area of Market and Gough Streets after a man climbed a building and refuses to come down.
At 9:42 a.m., officers responded to the 1600 block of Market Street on a report of a man jumping into traffic, according to the San Francisco Police Department.
Around 5 p.m., the man fell from about the first floor. He was put in an ambulance.
When officers arrived, they spotted a man that matched the description given to them.
The man fled from police, climbed onto a building on Market Street and refused to come down or into the building, police said.
Police on the scene are attempting to negotiate a safe and peaceful outcome, officials said.
There is currently heavy traffic in the area.
Check back for updates on this developing story
LATEST NEWS HEADLINES:
- Stephen Curry jokingly ‘spars’ with boxer Canelo Alvarez at celebrity golf tournament
- Newsfeed Now: Recovery search for Naya Rivera; Grammar queen
- Doggy deliveries help customers shop during pandemic
- Officers in deadly Breonna Taylor raid thought she was alone
- Marin County Fair to offer drive-thru fair food