San Jose police are investigating after a 60-year-old man was hit and killed while walking across the street on Saturday.
It happened around 8:16 p.m. on South White Road and Aldo Court.
Authorities say a 19-year-old woman was driving a 2015 Toyota Corolla northbound on South White Road and Aldo Court when she struck the victim.
The preliminary investigation revealed that the man was walking across South White Road, outside of a marked crosswalk when he was hit.
The victim was transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
The driver stayed at the scene and cooperated with the investigation.
Investigators say drugs nor alcohol are factors in the crash.
The victim’s identity won’t be released until next of kin is notified.
- FOR 1ST TIME IN 46 YEARS, CARNIVAL TO OFFER CRUISES FROM SF
- CEO POSTS GRAPHIC VIDEO OF VIOLENCE IN SF, PLEADS FOR MORE POLICE
- MYSTERIOUS LIGHT OVER BAY AREA WAS RARE CLOUD CREATED BY METEOR
- GOFUNDME TO BUILD TRUMP’S BORDER WALL GETS $3M IN TWO DAYS
- PEDIATRICIAN ADMITS TO SEXUALLY ASSAULTING 31 CHILDREN