A man on the tracks in San Mateo has been hit and killed by a Caltrain on Wednesday afternoon, according to Caltrain’s officials.
It happened near Hillsdale Station around 4:22 p.m.
Officials say the adult man was trespassing on the tracks when he was struck.
All trains were stopped in the area causing riders to deal with delays. As of 5:30 p.m. officials said passengers should expect delays up to 60 minutes.
The northbound track has also reopened however, the trains are reducing speed to 20 miles per hour through the area of the incident.
First responders are on the scene at this time.
There were no reported injuries of the 300 passengers on board the southbound train #602.
This is the 4th Caltrain’s fatality this year.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- MAN ACCUSED OF TOUCHING CHILD AT BELMONT PUMP IT UP
- BAY AREA AMC HOSTING 59-HOUR MARVEL MOVIE MARATHON
- VIDEO: WHAT DID KEVIN DURANT SAY TO GET EJECTED FROM GAME?
- TEACHER FIRED OVER TOPLESS PHOTO SUES FOR $3 MILLION
- MOUNTAIN HOUSE FAMILY OF NINE FORCED OUT OF BAY AREA