SAN JOSE (KRON) — San Jose Police Officers responded to a call of a person shot near Virginia Street at Highway 87 in San Jose, according to authorities.
When they arrived, they found a man along the Guadalupe River Trail suffering from at least one gun shot wound.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
The San Jose Police Department is now investigating the city’s 29th homicide of 2019.
The motive and circumstances surrounding the shooting remain unclear.
No suspects have been arrested.
Police say they will release the victim’s identity once they notify family members.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Sgt. Anthony Kilmer or Detective Ted Reckas at (408) 277-5283.
Check back for updates as this investigation is ongoing.
- California to end eviction protections as lawmakers mull fix
- Eric Trump says Harris as Biden’s VP doesn’t worry Trump campaign
- Fallen Santa Cruz police officers helped find justice for Tyler Tenorio, investigators say
- California lawmakers propose new tax on rich to boost state revenue during pandemic
- Man arrested following fatal shooting in San Francisco’s SoMa neighborhood