SAN RAFAEL (KRON) - An attempted robbery in San Rafael on Tuesday left a man with multiple stab wounds, police said.
The incident happened around 8:46 p.m. in the 400 block of Bahia Way.
The victim told police that he had been walking in the area and was confronted by a Hispanic man.
He said the suspect tried to grab a piece of jewelry from him and when he resisted, he was stabbed several times.
There was another person with the suspect and after the stabbing, they both fled the scene.
Officers searched the area and were unable to locate the suspect.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic man in his mid-20s, about 5'6", medium to heavy build, wearing a plain white shirt with light colored jeans.
The person who was with the suspect was a Hispanic man in his mid-20s, about 5'5", weighing about 180 pounds, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area's Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- COLLEGE CHEATING SCANDAL: 13 BAY AREA PARENTS CHARGED
- FATHER OF MURDER VICTIM SPEAKS AFTER DEATH ROW EXECUTIONS HALTED
- MOSQUE SHOOTER ID'D AS WHITE SUPREMACIST ANGRY AT IMMIGRANTS
- BRIDE FINDS HIDDEN MESSAGE FROM HER LATE MOTHER ON WEDDING HEELS
- PD: TEEN KILLS GIRLFRIEND'S PUPPY AFTER SHE DIDN'T COME HOME ON TIME