SAN FRANCISCO (AP) – A man and a woman were taken to the hospital after being struck by a fallen tree on a San Francisco sidewalk.
Authorities say they suffered non life-threatening injuries after being hit by the approximately 30 to 40-foot-tall tree in the Presidio Terrace neighborhood on Saturday.
The wind likely knocked down the tree as a winter storm brought strong wind along with heavy rain and snow across Northern California.
A rock slide partially shut Highway 1 in scenic Big Sur, winds gusting up to 40 mph contributed to dozens of canceled or delayed flights at San Francisco International Airport.
Meanwhile, a flash flood warning was issued for areas burned by a large wildfire in wine country last month because heavy rain could trigger a flow of mud and debris.
- Newsfeed Now: US Capitol temporarily locked down, terminally ill man gets matching tattoos with strangers
- L.A. County lifts cremation limit for overwhelming COVID-19 deaths
- No threat to Capitol found after inauguration rehearsal evacuation
- FBI searching for woman accused of stealing Nancy Pelosi’s laptop to send to Russia
- World Health Organization leader calls out COVID vaccine inequalities