SUNOL, Calif. (KRON) – Firefighters continue to battle the Marsh Fire near Sunol Tuesday.
The fire, which consists of three grass fires, broke out Sunday in the area of Calaveras Road and Welch Creek Road.
The fire has burned more than 1,775 acres so far and is 0% contained.
Mandatory evacuations remain in place for those who live on Welch Creek Road.
Residents living in a remote area along Kilkare Road were told to evacuate Monday as the fire threatened their homes. Those residents have been able to safely return but the fire rages on in the area.
Additionally, an Evacuation Warning has been ordered for those who live in Kilkare Canyon in Sunol. This was first issued as a mandatory evacuation order and has since been downgraded.
A shelter has been opened for evacuees at the Residence Inn located at 5200 Wolf House Road in Livermore, between the outlets and the golf range.
- CDC panel backs Pfizer COVID-19 booster shots for seniors
- $20,000 reward offered to stop serial highway slingshot shooter in San Jose
- 12 injured, 1 dead in mass shooting at Tennessee grocery store
- Pilot in fatal New Mexico balloon crash had drugs in system, toxicology report finds
- SoCal wildfires to cause smoky Bay Area skies: Air Quality Advisory