SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) - Have your umbrellas ready and be prepared for slick road conditions today and for much of the upcoming week as a strong storm system heads toward the Bay Area.
Today we start off dry with some fog in the morning, but overall you can expect clear conditions.
The first in a series of storms is making its way into the Bay Area in the weekend through the next week.
By noon Friday, you could see some sprinkles with rain starting in the afternoon and the heaviest rainfall happening overnight.
Saturday will be a better day in the forecast to get outside and enjoy the weather, as Sunday you'll again see rainfall in the afternoon into the evening.
Heavy rainfall overnight Sunday into Monday will lead into scattered showers.
Tuesday, heavy rainfall continues into Wednesday morning.
This is when you'll see concerns for flooding.
By Thursday, more rainfall again leading into Friday.
There aren't many breaks in the rain, so anything to keep you dry -- have it in handy!
Enjoy the dry conditions while they last!
- SAMSUNG UNVEILS MASSIVE 219-INCH TV CALLED 'THE WALL'
- GRAPHIC VIDEO: MAN BRINGS DEAD RACCOON IN SF MCDONALD'S
- 6-YEAR-OLD BOY FOUND ALIVE IN MOM'S ATTIC MONTHS AFTER GOING MISSING
- CUTE: HOTEL GIVES SF KID'S TOYS LUXURY STAY AFTER BEING LEFT BEHIND
- AMERICANS AREN'T MAKING ENOUGH BABIES TO SUSTAIN THE POPULATION