San Francisco Mayor London Breed is not asking Police Chief Bill Scott to resign.
Her announcement comes after the police union demanded that the chief resign after he apologized for the raid of a journalist’s home.
Mayor Breed says she’s not okay with police raids on reporters.
She also says at her request, Chief Scott is asking for an independent entity to take over the Jeff Adachi investigation.
The mayor has expressed concerns about the investigation before.
The NAACP and police commission are also backing Chief Scott’s apology.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free news from the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- WOMAN SENTENCED TO 17 YEARS FOR RAPE OF 5-MONTH-OLD GIRL
- BILL GIVING CALIFORNIA WORKERS FULL PAY FOR FAMILY LEAVE ADVANCES
- MISSING MAUI HIKER FOUND ALIVE AFTER 16 DAYS IN FOREST
- SMALL TREMORS ALONG WEST COAST COULD LEAD TO ‘BIG ONE’
- VICTIM KILLED IN HAWAII SHARK ATTACK WAS FROM GRANITE BAY