OAKLAND, Calif. (KRON) — Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf had some words for President Donald Trump after he criticized her city and others.
In an interview with Fox News, the president slammed the current state of Detroit, Oakland, Baltimore and Chicago.
He quickly denied being racist after making remarks about the cities and even said Black people thank him for making such statements.
“They want help,” Trump said. “These cities, it’s like living in hell.”
Mayor Schaaf responded to the president on Twitter, explaining what her version of hell is.
“Hell is another four years of this racist in the White House,” she wrote.
She also included the hashtags #Vote and #ElectionsMatter.
Latest News Headlines:
- Bay Area rental market appears to be stabilizing
- Survey: 78% of Oakland residents want more police officers
- Berkeley police arrest suspect in series of anti-Semitic hate crimes
- Police search for suspect who reportedly assaulted, spat on 13-year-old in Milpitas
- San Francisco pastor becomes 1st openly transgender bishop in U.S.