SANTA CLARA (KRON) — San Francisco 49ers right tackle Mike McGlinchey is expected to miss four to six weeks due to a knee injury, according to head coach Kyle Shanahan.
McGlinchey’s injury marks the Niners’ fourth starter out.
Through four games, the red and gold have lost Joe Staley, Ahkello Witherspoon, Kyle Juszczyk and now, McGlinchey.
McGlinchey’s absence could cause real damage to the 49ers’ line.
San Francisco currently stands at a perfect 4-0 record, but the continuous injuries haunting the team could soon put an end to that.
The Niners travel to Los Angeles on Sunday to take on the 3-2 Rams.
- KRON4 Morning Buzz: US couple breaks world record during pandemic
- Las Vegas hotel-casinos prepare for June 4 reopening
- Walt Disney World to reopen its Florida theme parks starting July 11
- Elderly man killed while walking his dog in San Francisco; homeless man arrested
- SpaceX set to launch NASA astronauts to orbit in historic private spaceflight