A missing persons call center has been activated to assist those searching for loved ones still missing in the Camp Fire.
The Butte County Sheriff’s Office says the center will be staffed and calls answered daily from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. starting Sunday.
Family and friends can call to report a person missing as a result of the Camp Fire.
The sheriff’s office requests calls be made to the missing persons call center even if someone was previously reported missing. If someone has since been located, call to report that as well.
The department says, “After receiving your report, a detective will call you back at a later time for additional information, or if necessary, instructions on submitting a saliva sample for DNA.
Missing Person Call Center Phone Numbers
(530) 538-6570 (530) 538-7544 (530) 538-7671
- SMOKE FROM CAMP FIRE POURS INTO BAY AREA
- CAMP FIRE IN BUTTE COUNTY EXPLODES IN SIZE
- INTERACTIVE MAP: WHERE IS THE CAMP FIRE BURNING
- NAPA NATIVE, NICE OF ‘SISTER, SISTER’ ACTRESS DIES IN SHOOTING
- WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT THE GUNMAN IN THOUSAND OAKS MASSACRE