SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – A major power outage in San Francisco is affecting thousands of customers Friday morning.
The outage was reported around 8 a.m.
Right now around 1,800 customers are affected in the Mission Bay, Twin Peaks, and Dogpatch neighborhoods.
This is down from more than 22,000 customers reported around 9 a.m.
According to PG&E officials, a third party not affiliated with PG&E hit an underground power line while doing construction near the area of Illinois and 22nd.
At this time PG&E crews are working to restore power in the area.
Estimated time of restoration is 10:30 a.m.
Drivers are reminded to treat traffic lights as 4-way stops.
Latest News Headlines:
- Census Bureau’s new ad campaign targets minorities
- USDA moving forward with new SNAP regulations
- Social media companies battling misinformation ahead of 2020 election
- 12 possible coronavirus patients being treated at Bay Area hospitals
- San Francisco DA Chesa Boudin speaks on ICE arrests at Sonoma County courthouse