The mother of a teen killed last year by two Fremont police officers is filing a federal lawsuit.
Attorney John Burris announced the lawsuit on Wednesday.
Elena Mondragon was pregnant when she was shot and killed one year ago Wednesday.
It happened in Hayward when officers were trying to arrest her boyfriend who was wanted for multiple armed robberies.
The two officers who fired at Mondragon have recently been cleared of any wrongdoing in the shooting.
In the lawsuit, Burris says the officers should have tried to arrest Mondragon’s boyfriend instead of opening fire.
- GUNMAN TAKES 3 PEOPLE HOSTAGE AT YOUNTVILLE VETERANS HOME
- WORRIED FAMILIES WAIT FOR WORD ON LOVED ONES AT YOUNTVILLE VETERANS HOME
- HUSBAND OF WORKER: GUNMAN AT YOUNTVILLE VETERANS HOME SLIPPED INTO PARTY
- TIMELINE: AUTHORITIES KNOW ID OF GUNMAN AT YOUNTVILLE VETERANS HOME
- 3 EMPLOYEES TAKEN HOSTAGE AT YOUNTVILLE VETERANS HOME
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE