A 26-year-old motorcyclist died Sunday after he lost control of his bike on State Route 84 in Redwood City and fell down an embankment.
The crash happened around 11:40 a.m. near La Honda Rd. just west of State Route 35.
According to the California Highway Patrol, the victim was traveling westbound on SR-84 at an unknown speed when he lost control of his 2012 Yamaha and failed to negotiate a turn on the road.
The bike left the roadway and fell approximately 40 feet down the embankment.
The victim sustained fatal injuries as a result of the collision and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Authorities say it does not appear that drugs or alcohol were a factor in the crash.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- WATCH: GIRL HIDES TO AVOID CAR FOLLOWING HER IN VACAVILLE
- DIRT BIKE RIDERS CAUGHT SPEEDING IN OAKLAND
- IT’S LEGAL FOR MEAT TO HAVE TRACE AMOUNTS OF FECAL MATTER
- SF HOME TO HIGHEST AVERAGE GAS PRICE IN US
- TARGET LAUNCHES CAR SEAT TRADE-IN EVENT