SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – A mountain lion was captured near Oracle Park in San Francisco Thursday morning.
It happened in the area of Channel Street between 3rd and 4th around 5:30 a.m.
Animal Control and Fish and Wildlife officials responded to the scene.
They moved in and eventually were able to throw a net over the area where the mountain lion was and take it away from the scene.
The young mountain lion, which weighed about 50 pounds, was safely captured with no tranquilizers and was unharmed.
It will be assessed by Fish and Wildlife before being released back into the wild.
This is the second mountain lion sighting in San Francisco over the past couple days.
On Wednesday, a mountain lion was spotted in the East Cut neighborhood.
- Trump supporters attempt world record boat parade near Clearwater Beach
- Dolly Parton voices support for Black Lives Matter movement
- Extreme heat wave continues across Bay Area
- 5 NFL officials take a leave of absence for 2020 season
- If you haven’t received your $500-per-child stimulus check, the IRS has good news