PALO ALTO (KRON) – A multi-vehicle DUI crash shut down all lanes of Hwy-101 at San Antonio Road in both directions Thursday morning.
All lanes have since reopened.
CHP says 20-year-old Diego Andres Ruiz-Marin of Stanford was driving a red Ford Focus while drunk when he hit the center divide and then swerved into the second lane, then stopped and got out of the car.
That’s when a work truck carrying gravel slammed into his car.
Ruiz-Marin was not hit.
It happened around 1:45 a.m. in the northbound lanes at the San Antonio Road exit.
A person in the gravel truck was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
CHP is reminding everyone not to drink and drive.
Check back for updates.
Latest News Headlines:
- Oakland A’s make their move from radio to A’s Cast
- Man accused of shining blue laser at CHP plane arrested in Solano County
- Homicide investigation underway after woman’s body found in San Jose home
- AP Source: Barr tells people he might quit over Trump tweets
- California lawmakers propose new law to end ‘Pink Tax’