SAN JOSE, Calif. (KRON) — One suspect has been arrested after a man and a woman were stabbed to death Sunday night at a church in San Jose, according to officials.
San Jose Mayor Sam Liccardo said five people total were attacked and three are being treated for their injuries. A suspect was arrested Monday morning, the San Jose Police Department announced.
No further identifying information was released, but police said the other three victims are all men. They are in serious, but stable condition, police said.
San Jose police responded to Grace Baptist Church at 484 E San Fernando St. around 8:45 p.m.
The area is still closed as of Monday morning for the investigation.
Officials confirmed that there are multiple stabbing victims, some with life threatening injuries.
Police say no church services were being held at the time of the stabbing. The church was being used to bring unhoused people out of the cold.
No additional information is available at this time.
Check back for updates as this is a developing story
- Winter storm: These areas of San Mateo County are under evacuation orders
- KRON4 Morning Buzz: Free game tickets for health care heroes
- Rob Black’s Winners & Losers: Restaurants surviving pandemic
- LIVE TODAY: Dr. Ghaly to give CA COVID briefing
- Miley Cyrus to play Super Bowl concert for vaccinated frontline workers