People living in the East Bay will need to learn a new dialing procedure soon.
A new 341 area code will be introduced to the area in July of next year.
Customers with a 510 area code will need to dial 1 before the three-digit area code starting in Jun. 2019.
The state utilities commission recommends people and businesses to reprogram any equipment or alarms systems to dial 1 before the area code.
Customers can start using the new dialing procedure this year on Dec. 15.
- RAINY WEEK AHEAD FOR THE BAY AREA
- 1-YEAR-OLD DIES AFTER BEING STRUCK BY CAR IN RICHMOND
- LONGTIME SAN FRANCISCO RADIO HOST RAY TALIAFERRO MISSING
- MODESTO MAN BURYING PET IN BACKYARD FIND HUMAN REMAINS
- MAN JAILED AFTER RAPE OVERHEARD ON PLAYSTATION4